In Amsterdam, there are a variety of different tour types, including guided walking, bike, bus, old-timer car and boat tours. A personalised tours with specific themes can be combined with all kind of transportation types such as bus, boat and bicycle.
- The historical tours of Amsterdam include tours of the medieval city centre, along with Chinatown and the Red Light District.
- Other tours focus on Seventeenth and Eighteenth century Amsterdam, with exploration of the main canals, rich patrician mansions and the Jordaan (the former poorest part of the city has become the trendy and artistic neighbourhood).
- Tours of the Western Islands and the former industrial areas now have diverse residential areas building within the fabric of beautiful former warehouses.
- Nineteenth century Amsterdam tours introduce people to the Oud Zuid (Old South), Vondelpark, the Plantage and other weakthy neighbourhoods with elegant architecture and long Jewish History
- Other tours of De Pijp, Indische and Dapper, Transvaalbuurt neighbourhoods focus on former working-class neighbourhoods now popular multicultural and up-and-coming, trendy areas.
- Tours of Twentieth Century Amsterdam look at Amsterdam Zuid, Watergraafsmeer, Spaarndammerbuurt, Docklands, IJburg and more with mixed architecture and urban forms.
- Tours can be made to explore certain neighbourhoods at the request of the guest. The neighbourhoods from different periods and history, architecture and art can be combined with specific museums which reflect that neighbourhood.
Examples of the specific museums include:
- The National Museum: ME – Present
- Our Lord In the Attic: 17th Century
- Van Gogh: 19th Century
- Van Loon, Geelvinck Hinlopen: 17th – 20th Century
- Anne Frank: 20th Century
- Het Schip: 20th Century
Your carefully planned one or more day tour can be customized to combine various tour elements: art, architecture, design, music, gardens, interiors etc