Experience the different architecture styles across the various neighbourhoods of Amsterdam and other cities of the Netherlands with a personalised guided walking, bike or boat tour
Examples of past tours in Amsterdam:
- Medieval Amsterdam and surroundings districts – A mixture of old and new architecture, with a focus on mostly heritage buildings
- Central Amsterdam – seventeenth and nineteenth century architecture in the historical center and surrounding neighbourhoods, including the Jordaan and the Western Islands.
- De Pijp, Oud West, Dapperbuurt, Indischebuurt, Transvaalbuurt and Oost – Nineteenth century architecture in the former working-class areas of the city which have been renovated and modernized with interesting sustainable elements in existing buildings and new architecture. Today they are the trendy and popular neighbourhoods for a very mixed population.
- The Plantage and surroundings, Old South with Vondelpark –The elegant rich neighbourhoods and former Jewish area of the city
- Transvaal N.H, Spaarndammer N.H, North Amsterdam, The Eastern Docklands, IJburg , Station Island have great examples of twentieth century architecture.
History, art, culture can be combined with the architecture tailor made tours by your personal guide.
Experience a guided art and/or design tour with an expert
- Art in the famous big museums like The National Museum also known as “Rijksmuseum” with the Master pieces of the seventeenth century but you also find important works from earlier and later periods as well. A stroll through the historical seventeenth century center can be an interesting combination to learn the social, political and historical context of the age of the painting
- The Van Gogh Museum has a big collection from this nineteenth century painter and new exhibitions during the year
- Take a guided visit in one of the many rich merchant houses that have been converted into small museums with beautiful interiors & gardens and sculptures. Sometimes these houses become the site of live concerts
- Galleries and artistic venues with regular exhibitions and concerts
- Street Art and sculptures in the open air
- Everything can be combined with a specific neighbourhood and themes of your choice by a guided walk or bike tour
We will be happy to advise you.